Huddersfield railway station
The station is situated in the town centre and is one of the finest buildings in Huddersfield. Indeed it is one of only a few stations in England to be grade one listed for its architecture.
With more than 5 million passenger journeys a year, Huddersfield is the fourth busiest station in Yorkshire after Leeds, Sheffield and York. More than 250 trains per day call at the station, serving destinations throughout the north of England.
Construction of the station building began in 1846 and was completed in 1850.
The station faces on to the attractive Victorian St George's Square, which has in recent years been turned into a large paved area with fountains and a bronze statue of Lord Wilson, the former prime minister Harold Wilson.
Taxis, some bus stops and a small car park are just a few steps away from the station entrance. The town's bus station is just a few hundred metres away but can also be reached by a free town bus.